Friday 15 November 2013

A few Zbrush Turnarounds of recent Character Sculpts

The title says it all!
"STFU"
At one stage I considered rendering him from behind  because  I liked the pose so much...sensibly I decided to go with a frontal view instead.
click to enlarge

"Frankie Say Relax"
The feet were basically ignored  because  I was  definitely  not going to show them in the  finished  piece.
click to enlarge

"The Old Man of the Sea"
The mound of skulls was made from a single skull that was duplicated in Blender. I re-entered Zbrush and used the Dynamesh Master plugin to reduce their total geometry to aprox 100k polygons.
click to enlarge
I decided to post these turnaround shots because I think its nice to be able to see the characters in the round.
When I'm working on them I generally have an idea of what angle will be shown from in the  finished coloured illustration, but I like to work on every part of them so as to give me some options...plus also it's actually a whole lotta fun doing it!

These are direct Zbrush screenshots (not rendered) and the shader used is the basic blinn matcap using standard lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment