Saturday 26 April 2014

Some random Alchemy and Krita sketches

click to enlarge
A few more quick sketches using symmetry mode in both Alchemy and Krita.

I downloaded and tried out Krita for the first time today - just to try the symmetry mode.
Its like a nicer/neater version of Gimp.
It has a nice professional interface that is simple enough to get the hang of. 
If I can make a few scratchy brushes in Krita that have a random element to them like those of Alchemy then I'll be very happy.

In the above image sketch #1 and #5 were done in Alchemy, while #2,#3 and #4 were done using Krita. The first image has a type of lighting I usually wouldn't even consider, and that is mainly down to to the randomness of Alchemy's workflow.
With Alchemy I feel like I don't know exactly (or at all!) where the sketch will lead - and thats a pretty cool feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment